What You Need to Know About the Walker Creek Ranch Retreat
Here’s what you need to know to make the orientation retreat fun for you – and everyone else.
Before the Retreat
- Emergency contacts: You must submit all emergency contact paperwork to Student Affairs.
- Medical insurance: We must have copies of your medical insurance on file. If you have not opted out of the school’s insurance, you will be added automatically.
- Food allergies: If you have any food allergies, please notify Student Affairs at 650.543.3779 by August 8, 2014 so that we can make plans to accommodate you.
Leaving for the Ranch
We load the buses at 9am on August 17th and cannot wait for late arrivals. If you miss the retreat you will be charged $150. (There is no cost for those who attend.)
What to Wear
Choose practical, casual clothing for hot days and a cool night. Bring comfortable shoes for walking. Don’t forget your swimsuit!
What to Bring
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Blanket or sleeping bag
- Walking shoes
- Optional: musical instruments, camera, music
Rules of the Ranch
- No pets, alcohol or illegal drugs are allowed.
- Smoking is allowed outside in designated areas: never inside any buildings.
Cell phones won’t work at the ranch because of the rolling hills and remote location. Two pay phones are available.