Part-Time Assistant Women's Softball Coach
Menlo College, a NAIA institution, invites applications for the position of Part-Time Assistant Women's Softball Coach.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Head Coach with recruiting, scouting of opponents, and training members of the women's softball team;
- Maintaining contact with area high school coaches for prospects through direct correspondence
- Assisting the Head Women's Softball Coach in monitoring student-athletes for academic requirements, retention, and progress toward graduation, including assisting with eligibility verification of team members and coordinating with head athletic trainer any special needs or injuries student-athletes may have;
- Assisting with management of game-day activities, such as statistics, manger supervision, and travel for away games;
- Assisting with all fundraising activities;
- Assisting the Head Coach in meeting with various community organizations
- Demonstrate leadership, sportsmanship, and conduct becoming of the coaching profession adhering to all college and professional sport association guidelines
A bachelor's degree is desired. Previous college playing and coaching experience is preferred, along with the ability to communicate and teach skilled athletes in softball. Valid Driver's License required. Candidates must pass a background check. Candidates must have a working knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is $3,000 with the opportunity for earning supplemental income through camps, clinics and other fundraising. No health or dental benefits included.
- Letter of Interest;
- The names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references.
Send Application Packet to:
1000 El Camino Real
Atherton CA, 94027
Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.