Earn It! Keep It! Save It!
January 30, 2013:
January 15, 2013
Starting January 26, 2013, Jack Klingler, Professor of Accounting at Menlo College, and 13 students from the Menlo Accounting Club will be providing free income tax preparation services to eligible taxpayers. The services will be provided as part of the VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) program which is sponsored by the IRS and the United Way.
Professor Klingler and the students have undergone over 24 hours of training and testing to prepare for the volunteer effort. The services will be offered on the Menlo College campus in Brawner Hall room 405 on the following dates:
- January 26, 10:00am—2:00pm
- February 13, 6:00pm—10:00pm
- February 20, 6:00pm—10:00pm
- March 6, 6:00pm—10:00pm
To be eligible for the volunteer service, taxpayers must have income of less than $51,000 a year. The services will be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Photo ID for each person on your tax return
- Social Security Card or ITIN for each person on your return
- W-2 forms for all jobs held in 2012