Careers In Accounting: Panel Discussion
November 5, 2012:
October 26, 2012
Menlo College will host the second annual "Careers In Accounting" panel discussion with working professionals from public accounting (assurance and tax), private industry, and non-profit/government on November 5, 2012. The panelists will describe their career paths, their current responsibilities and give advice for students interested in careers in accounting. A formal Q&A will be followed by light refreshments and an opportunity for students to meet the speakers.
- Carolyn Amster, Tax Partner, Burr Pilger Mayer Inc.
- David Grisham, Partner, Litigation & Forensic Consulting Services Group, Hemming Morse LLP
- Jack Klingler, Professor of Accounting, Menlo College, formerly Director, Financial Accounting, Alcoa Inc.
- Laura Olson, Senior Manager, Seiler LLP
- Brian Ponty, Finance Director, City of Redwood City
- Mike Ray, Senior VP, CFO and Treasurer, California Casualty Management Company
The moderator will be Donna Little, Professor of Accounting and Finance at Menlo College. The event is organized by Professor Donna Little and Jack Klingler, Professor of Accounting at Menlo, and sponsored by the CalCPA Peninsula Chapter Accounting Education Committee.
Students from Menlo College and other local colleges interested in careers in accounting are welcome to attend. To attend, please register online.