- Ph.D. , University of California Irvine, 1999
- M.B.A., University of California Riverside, 1990
- B.A., Loyola University, 1980
Dr. Dellande's primary research question is “What factors influence consumer compliance behavior in compliance dependent services (CDS)?” CDS include long term health care programs (e.g., prenatal care, smoking cessation), long term loans (e.g., student loans, car loans, mortgages), retirement planning programs, tax preparation services, long term physical therapy, long term psychological counseling, weight loss programs, debt management programs, and exercise programs. She attempts to understand how consumers can successfully complete long term projects once away from the provider (e.g., weight loss counselor, lender, financial advisor, fitness trainer/coach, doctor, etc.).
Her research has been published in marketing’s premier journal, the Journal of Marketing, as well as other prominent publications. In addition, she has presented her research both domestically and internationally.
Professional ActivitiesCourses Taught
- Principles of Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Retail Marketing
- Services Marketing
- Dellande, Stephanie and Prashanth Nyer (forthcoming, ~ August 2013), “Self-Regulatory Focus: The Impact on Long-Term Consumer Compliance Behavior,” Management Research Review.
- Kennett-Hensel, Pamela A., Paul J. Hensel, and Stephanie Dellande (2010), “The Marketing Research Portfolio: A Pedagogical Alternative for Improving Student Performance,” Journal for Advancement of Marketing Education, 16 (Summer), 27-35.
- Nyer, Prashanth and Stephanie Dellande (2010), “Investigating the Role of Public Commitment as a Motivator for Weight Loss,” Psychology & Marketing 27 (1) (January), 1-12.
- Dellande, Stephanie and Prashanth Nyer, “Compliance: an Outcome of Self Regulation,” 2012 European Marketing Association of Conference Poster Session (EMAC) May 22- May 25, Lisbon Portugal.
- Dellande, Stephanie (2009), "Public Commitment Leads to Weight Loss," Invited to present, 2009 Research Series, Tulane University, A.B. Freeman School of Business, Consumer Behavior and Marketing Group, March 6, 2009.
- Dellande, Stephanie and Prashanth Nyer (2008), "Public Commitment Leads to Weight Loss," 2008 Association for Consumer Research North American Conference, October 23-26, San Francisco, CA.
- Honorable Mention in Best Paper Competition sponsored by the Center for Service Leadership (CSL), 2007
- Best Paper Award in Best Paper Competition at European Applied Business Research Conference, Venice, Italy 2003