Pejmon Sadri, Ph.D.
The best teaching practices are those that are student-centered and thus interactive and operate with the purpose of inspiring and motivating students’ increasing interest in the subject matter in mind.”
- Ph.D., Oregon State University, 2008
- M.S., University of Nevada-Las Vegas, 2004
- B.S., University of Nevada-Las Vegas, 1995
Professional ActivitiesCourses Taught
- College Algebra
- Introduction to statistics
- Statistics for Managers
- Business Calculus I
- Business Calculus II
- Sadri, P. (October, 2012). Clarifying the language of chance using basic conditional probability reasoning: The Monty Hall Problem. Open Journal of Discrete Mathematics, 2(4), 164-168.
- Sadri, P. (November, 2010). A simple method for assessing bivariate normality. Advances and Applications in Statistics, 19(1), 39 – 48.
- Flick, L. B., Sadri, P., Morrell, P. D., Wainwright, C., Schepige, A. (April 2009). A Cross Discipline Study of Reformed Teaching by University Science and Mathematics Faculty, School Science and Mathematics.
- Niess, M. L., Sadri, P., & Lee, K. (March 2008). Variables and dynamic spreadsheets connect with real world problems, Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School, National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Journal
- Niess, Maggie, Suharwoto, Gogot, Kwangho, Lee, Sadri, P.. (2006). Guiding Inservice Mathematics Teachers in Developing Technology Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPCK): Paper presented at the Meeting of the Annual Educational Research Association, San Francisco, CA, April 7-11.
- Flick, L. B., Sadri, P., Morrell Patricia, D., Wainwright, Camille, Schepige, Adele, Van Zee, Emily (2006). Analysis of University Teaching in Science and Mathematics Undergraduate Courses. Paper presented at the Meeting of the Annual Educational Research Association, San Francisco, CA, April 7-11.
- Pi Mu Epsilon National Honorary Mathematical Society, Nevada Beta Chapter, “In recognition of superior achievement in the field of mathematics.”