Pauline Fatien Diochon, Ph.D.
I contribute to the life-long development of socially responsible students with enthusiasm, tolerance, demand and care”
- Ph.D., HEC School of Management (Paris), 2008
- M.S., University of Paris, 2004
- M.S., HEC School of Management (Paris), 2002
Biography Academic StatementBiography
Pauline Fatien Diochon first joined Menlo College as a visiting faculty member in 2011 and then as an Associate Professor in Management in 2012. Dr. Fatien Diochon's research concentrates on leadership development, with a focus on executive coaching, power, and critical management education. She is the author of several books, book chapter and academic articles. Her latest publications focus on power dynamics and ethics in coaching. She recently joined the Editorial Board of the Journal of Psychological Issues in Organizational Culture. She is also member and chair of the research committee of the Graduate School Alliance for Education in Coaching (GSAEC). She co-founded a graduate executive coaching program in University of Lyon Management School, France. She holds a Ph.D. in Management and a Master of Science in Management from HEC School of Management, France, as well as a Master in Sociology of Power from University of Paris Diderot, France.Research Interests
- Individual and Organizational Change
- Leadership Development
- Critical Management Studies
Professional ActivitiesCourses Taught
- Organizational Behavior
- Human Resource Management
- Business Ethics
- Empirical Research
- History of Coaching
- Journal of Psychological Issues in Organizational Culture. "Educating Coaching to Power Dynamics: Managing Multiple Agendas Within the Triangular Relationships." Louis D., Fatien P. Vol. 5 (2), pp. 31-47
- International Journal of Work Innovation. "The Coaching Continuum. Power Dynamics in the Change Process." Fatien Diochon P., Lovelace K. Accepted for publication May 2014.
- Le coaching dans les organisations, 2012, Fatien Diochon P & Nizet J, La Découverte, Repères.
- in Espesito M, Smith M, O’Sullivan P, (eds), Business Ethics - A Critical Approach: Integrating Ethics Across the Business World, 2012, Routledge, Fatien P “Ethical Issues in Coaching,” pp. 302-316
- 1st International Columbia Coaching Conference, October 2014, Teachers College, New York City, NY, USA "Me, a politician? An analysis of the inherent power dynamics in coaching interventions" with D. Louis
- Western Academy of Management, March 2014, Napa CA, USA, "Champagne or Table Wine? The Perception of Ethics by Executive Coaches"
- NACRA (North American Case research Association), *October 2013 Victoria, Canada, "Coach-Cache. Les dessous d'une demande de coaching" Case Study. Presentation, co-authored and presented by J. Yalenios
- Academy of Management, August 2012, Boston, Massachusetts, USA “Coaching Education: From Wild West to Established Territory” Symposium, Coordinator & Presenter, div. MED, ODC & MC
- Academy of Management, August 2012, Boston, Massachusetts, USA “Beyond The Scene: Power and Paradoxes in Executive Coaching” Symposium, Coordinator & Presenter, div. MED, CMS & MH
- Finalist for the Best Ph.D. Dissertation in Management, AGRH, 2008
- President’s list (Top 10%) – M.S., Management, HEC School of Management, 2002