- Ph.D., University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 2002
- M.B.A., Western Washington University, 1990
- B.A., Western Washington University, 1986
Biography Academic StatementBiography
Dr. Lovelace earned a Ph.D. in Organization Studies with a minor in Social Psychology from the University of Massachusetts Amherst.. She has been published in such journals as the Journal of Management Education, the Journal of the Academy of Business Education, Human Resource Management Review, the Journal of Workplace Behavioral Health, and the Journal of Managerial Psychology. Dr. Lovelace recently served as a guest editor for the Journal of Management Education, and is currently serving on the editorial board of the Academy of Management Learning and Education journal. She is an active member of the Academy of Management and the Organizational Behavior Teaching Society.Research Interests
- Workplace Stress and Employee Wellness
- Workplace and Personal Engagement
- Interdisciplinary Pedagogy
- Leadership Development
Professional ActivitiesCourses Taught
- Organizational Behavior
- Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Strategy
- Staffing, Testing, Training and Development
- Dyck, L. R., & Lovelace, K. J. (2012). Finding a fit with fitness: Applying intentional change theory in worksite health promotion programming. Journal of Workplace Behavioral Health, 27(1), 12-31.
- Lovelace, K. & Parent, J. (2012). Guest Editor’s Corner: The Integrative Nature of Stress, Performance and Wellness. Journal of Management Education, 36(2), 1-4.
- Parent, J. & Lovelace, K. (2011). Creating a Learning Organization in the Management Classroom through Dialogue and Reflective Journaling. The Business Renaissance Quarterly, 6(2), 21-42.
- Lovelace, K. & Parent, J. (2011). Understanding Stress and Developing Resiliency to Stress through Time Management and Life Balance, pp. 49-77. In J.Marques, S. Dhiman, & J. Biberman (Eds.), Managing in the 21st Century: Transforming Toward Mutual Growth. NY, NY: PalgraveMacmillan.
- Lovelace, K., Parent, J., & Litvin, D. (2012). Global Organizational Behavior (OB) Issues: A “Tale Of Two Countries" Paper presented at the 39th Annual Organizational Behavior Teaching Conference, Brock University, St. Catharines, Ontario Canada.
- Lovelace, K. (2011) Management Skills Development for Entrepreneurial Teams. Paper accepted at the 38th Annual Organizational Behavior Teaching Conference, Milwaukee, WI.
- Parent, J. & Lovelace, K. (2011). Creating a Learning Organization in the Management Classroom Through Dialogue and Reflective Journaling. Paper presented at the Eastern Academy of Management Conference, Boston, MA.
- Lovelace, K. & Parent, J. (2010). Workplace Wellness: Understanding and Managing Stress. Presented at the 37th Annual Organizational Behavior Teaching Conference, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
- Faculty Spirit of PSP Award from the Professional Studies Program students, Menlo College, 2012.
- Faculty Dedication and Commitment Award from the Graduates of Color, University of Puget Sound, 2006.
- Recipient, Professional Development Award for Work and Well-being research, University of Puget Sound, 2004.