- Ph.D., Ohio State University, 2000
- B.A.B.S., University of Florida, 1996
Professional ActivitiesCourses Taught
- Financial Management
- Financial Modeling
- Why Newly Listed Firms Become Acquisition Targets, 2012, with S. De, Journal of Banking and Finance (36), 2616-2631.
- A Valuation Study of Stock Market Seasonality and Firm Size, 2010, with Z. Chen, Journal of Portfolio Management (36), 78-92.
- Discussion of the Pre and Post Tax Discount Rates and Cash Flows: A Technical Note, 2010, with T. Voetmann, Journal of Applied Research in Accounting and Finance (5), 16-20.
- Corporate Valuation and the Resolution of Bank Insolvency in East Asia, 2005, with S. Djankov and L. Klapper, Journal of Banking and Finance (29), 2095-2118.
- Crises, Liquidity Shocks, and Fire Sales at Financial Institutions Midwestern Finance Association Conference (by co-author), 2012 1st CNMV International Conference, Madrid, Spain, 2011 Financial Management Association Conference, 2011 (Best paper award) Menlo College, 2011 Ohio State University Finance Alumni Conference, 2011 7th Annual Conference on Corporate Finance at Washington University in St. Louis, 2010 New York Federal Reserve/RCFS Financial Stability Conference (by co-author), 2010 Bank of England/LSE Macroprudential Policy Conference (by co-author), 2010 Babson College, 2010
- Why Newly Listed Firms Become Acquisition Targets Financial Management Association Conference, 2011 Securities and Exchange Commission, 2011 Academy of Entrepreneurial Finance Conference, 2010 Menlo College, 2010 University of the Pacific, 2010
- Best Paper Award in Financial Institutions and Markets (Wiley Blackwell), FMA 2011
- Pace-Setter Award, Ohio State University, 2000
- Distinguished Graduate Fellowship, Ohio State University, 1996, 1999