Frances Turner, D.B.A.
The best thing about teaching at Menlo: ‘The students!’ ”
- D.B.A., Grenoble Ecole de Management, 2013
- M.B.A., University of Chicago, 1987
- A.B., cum laude, Harvard University, 1983
Biography Academic StatementBiography
Frances Turner joined Menlo College in 2007, one year after entering higher education as an adjunct professor, and following extensive business and marketing management experience at the corporate and SME levels that spanned a 22-year career in the broadband media and entrepreneurial arenas. Prior to Menlo, she held general management and senior strategic marketing roles with major cable television operators serving residential customers, commercial clients and government entities in several of the largest metropolitan areas in the U.S. Her P&L, capital and budget responsibilities included leadership of several operations that generated annual revenues ranging from $11 million to $130 million, with line and staff employees of 16 to 600. This practical experience inspired Turner's teaching focus on, and research interests in, fostering consumer perceived value, delivering positive customer experiences, and structuring environments where people’s satisfaction with and loyalty to a firm is based upon collaborative participation in and contribution to the delivery of that firm’s products and services.Research Interests
- Consumer Co-Design Experience
- Mass Customization
- Consumer Perceived Value
- Consumer Satisfaction
- Consumer Loyalty
Professional ActivitiesCourses Taught
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Pricing Management
- Marketing Research
- Advertising Principles & Practice
- Public Relations
- Turner, F., Merle, A., Fatien, P. (2011). How to Assess and Increase the Value of a Co-Design Experience: A Synthesis of the Extant Literature. Published in conference proceedings of the Bi-annual 2011 World Conference on Mass Customization, Personalization and Co-Creation: Bridging Mass Customization & Open Innovation, San Francisco, CA.
- Turner, F. (2009). The Influence of Mass Customization on Consumer Satisfaction and Its Implications for the U.S. IPTV Market: An Exploratory Study. Business Leadership Review, 6:4.
- How to Assess and Increase the Value of a Co-Design Experience: A Synthesis of the Extant Literature. Paper presented at the Bi-Annual 2011 World Conference on Mass Customization, Personalization and Co-Creation: Bridging Mass Customization & Open Innovation, San Francisco, CA. November 2011.
- The Influence of Mass Customization on Consumer Satisfaction and Its Implications for the U.S. IPTV and On-Demand Television Market: An Exploratory Study. Presented at Association of MBAs (AMBA) 2nd Annual DBA Research Symposium, The DBA: Rigour and Relevance, Maastricht, NL. September 2009
- Faculty Member of the Year, Menlo College, 2011-2012
- Emerick Teaching Award Nominee, Menlo College, 2010-2011
- Faculty Member of the Year, Menlo College, 2009-2010