Fabian Eggers, Ph.D.
I believe that team-based activities such as group projects, brainstorming sessions, and group meetings can help students to acquire important communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.”
- Ph.D., Leuphana University of Lüneburg, 2008
- M.B.A., University of Hamburg, 2002
Biography Academic StatementBiography
Prior to joining Menlo, Dr. Eggers worked as Visiting Professor at San Jose State University where he was actively involved in the Silicon Valley Center for Entrepreneurship. He received his Ph.D. in Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneurial Marketing from the University of Luneburg, Germany. Dr. Eggers is co-chair of the Global Research Symposium on Marketing and Entrepreneurship and actively involved in the AMA SIG on Entrepreneurial Marketing.Research Interests
- Entrepreneurial marketing and innovation management as drivers of strategic marketing decisions.
Professional ActivitiesCourses Taught
- Introduction to Marketing
- Internet Marketing
- Business Management Practices
- Senior Capstone in Strategic Management
- Eggers, F.; Kraus, S.; Hughes, M.; Laraway, S.; Snycerski, S.: Implications of customer and entrepreneurial orientations for SME growth, Management Decision, in press.
- Eggers, F.; O’Dwyer, M.; Kraus, S.; Vallaster, C.; Güldenberg, S.: The Impact of Brand Authenticity on Brand Trust and SME Growth: A CEO Perspective, Journal of World Business, in press.
- Kraus, S.; Filser, M.; Eggers, F.; Hills, G.E.; Hultman, C.M.: The entrepreneurial marketing domain: A citation and co-citation analysis, Journal of Research in Marketing and Entrepreneurship, Vol. 14 No. 1 (2012), 6-26.
- Bhatli, D.; Eggers, F.; Gundolf, K.: Brand communities for market trend discovery: A study to advance entrepreneurial marketing research, International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Vol. 16 No. 4 (2012), 422-435.
- Eggers, F.; Hansen, D.J.; Davis, A.E.: Examining the relationship between customer and entrepreneurial orientation on nascent firms’ marketing strategy, International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Vol. 8 No. 2 (2012), 203-222.
- Eggers, Fa.; Eggers, Fe.; Kraus, S.: An analysis of the importance of start-up characteristics with a choicebased conjoint model, Global Research Symposium on Marketing, Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneurship Education, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, August 12th, 2011.
- Eggers, F.; Kraus, S.; Filser, M.; Hills, G.E.; Hultman, C.: Evolution of the Intellectual Structure of Entrepreneurial Marketing Literature: A bibliometric study, Global Research Symposium on Marketing, Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneurship Education, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, August 11th, 2011.
- Eggers, F., Innovation in Tech Marketing: Its Application in Silicon Valley in Tough Times, panel discussant, AMA Summer Marketing Educators’ Conference, San Francisco (CA), August 6th, 2011.
- Dean’s Scholarship and Research Award, Menlo College, 2011
- Master Teacher Award, San Jose State University, 2010
- Young Researcher Award, University of Lüneburg, 2005 and 2006