- Ph.D., University of California-Davis, 2005
- M.A., Tufts University, 1997
- B.A., University of California-Berkeley, 1996
Professional ActivitiesCourses Taught
- Macro and Micro Economics
- Managerial Economics
- International Management
- Quantitative Business Analysis
- Stimel, D. (2012). The short-run effects of the macro-economy on venture capital: US evidence. Economics and Finance Review, 2(3), 38-45.
- Sekerka, L.E. & Stimel, D. (2012). Environmental sustainability decision-making: Clearing a path to change. Journal of Public Affairs.
- Brady, R. & Stimel, D. (2011). How the housing and financial wealth effects have changed over time. B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, 11(1), Topics, Article 28.
- Stimel, D. (2011). Peer assessment for group presentations: An international management course example. Review of Business Research, 11(5), 147-153.
- Stimel, D. (2011). Dependence relationships between on field performance, wins, and payroll in Major League Baseball: Evidence from 1985-2009. Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports. 7(2), Article 6.
- Academy of Management Conference, Boston, MA, August 2012. “Responsible decision-making in the formal and informal economy.” (co-author Leslie E. Sekerka). Part of accepted symposium entitled “Viewing the informal economy through the lens of sustainability: Worker-related challenges and opportunities.”
- Academy of Business Research Conference, Atlantic City, NJ, September 2011. “The housing wealth boom and bust: Identifying the bubble through the permanent income hypothesis.” (co authors Ryan Brady and Steve Sumner).
- Ashridge International Research Conference, The Sustainability Challenge: Organizational change and transformational vision, Ashridge, U.K., June 2011. “Harnessing the animal spirits to invoke environmental sustainability decision-making.” (co-author Leslie Sekerka).
- National Conference on Teaching Economics and Research in Economic Education, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, June 2011. “Peer assessment for group presentations: A globalization course example.”
- NCSSORS Conference, Atherton, CA, October 2010. “Dependence relationships between on field performance, wins, and payroll in Major League Baseball: Evidence from 1985-2009”.
- Conference paper received Santander Sustainability Challenge Scholarship Award for Conference Paper “Harnessing the animal spirits to invoke environmental sustainability decision-making.” (co-author Leslie Sekerka) at the Ashridge International Research Conference, Ashridge, U.K., June 2011.