Menlo College welcomes a diverse population of students. The Office of the Registrar provides support services to veterans or their dependents on how to utilize their education benefits at Menlo.
Menlo College has participated in the Veteran Affairs’ (VA) Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill Yellow Ribbon program since the 2010-2011 Academic Year. In this program, in addition to the program entitlement, students may be eligible to receive an additional amount of funding as a combination from the VA and institutional aid to assist with the costs of net tuition and fees for a maximum of $10,000 per year (net tuition and fees is defined as tuition and fees minus aid). Yellow Ribbon is provided to the first ten students who are Yellow Ribbon eligible (receiving Chapter 33 benefits at 100% rate). Under Chapter 33, the VA makes payments directly to Menlo College on behalf of the student for tuition and fees. Menlo students also receive VA education benefits through the Chapter 35 Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) program. Under this program the VA pays the student directly on a monthly basis. For a more comprehensive explanation of benefits, please visit the website of the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.
Menlo College is among the institutions of higher education listed under the Principles of Excellence. Participants of the Principles of Excellence program are committed to offering quality service to its veteran students by providing information on additional sources of funding to academic guidance and support. Click here for more information on the Principles of Excellence Program.
How to Apply for Benefits
- Students must apply for the VA education benefits with the VA (under Post 9/11, if you are a dependent, benefits must be transferred to you).
- If you are a transfer student and have used VA education benefits at a previous institution, please complete the Change of Program or Place of Training form and file it with the VA. This form may also be filed electronically with the VA under Apply for Benefits. 22-1995 (veteran), 22-5495 (dependent).
- After the application is processed by the VA and they have notified you of your entitlement, provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to the Office of the Registrar.
- Menlo College will certify your enrollment with the VA and report your tuition and fees. Payments will be received depending on your program (if you are DEA, you may receive direct deposit from the VA by completing the Direct Deposit Enrollment form or by calling 1.877.838.2778 (calling in is recommended).
- All VA forms must be sent directly to the VA. Do not send VA forms to Menlo College. To contact the VA directly, please call toll-free 888.442.4551.
Any questions about registration or other services may be directed to:
Office of the Registrar
1000 El Camino Real
Atherton, CA 94027-4301