Menlo College is proud to include veterans and their dependents among the diverse population of students we welcome to our campus.
Menlo College participates in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) - Yellow Ribbon program. Qualified students may be eligible to receive funding from the VA to supplement Menlo College aid. Funds may be used to offset net tuition and fees, up to a maximum of $10,000 per year. The VA makes Yellow Ribbon payments directly to Menlo College.
Menlo students are also eligible to receive VA education benefits through the Chapter 35 Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) program. Under the DEA program, the VA pays the student directly on a monthly basis. For a more comprehensive explanation of benefits, please visit the website of the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.
Menlo College is proud that our eligibility to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program reflects our commitment to offer quality service to our veteran students. Click here for more information on the Principles of Excellence Program.
How to Apply for Benefits
- Students must apply for VA education benefits through the VA
- If you are a transfer student and have used VA education benefits at a previous institution, please complete the Change of Program or Place of Training form, and submit it to the VA. This form may be filed electronically: 22-1995 (veterans), 22-5495 (dependents)
- After the VA has notified you of your entitlement, provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to the Office of the Registrar at Menlo College
- Menlo College will certify your enrollment with the VA, and will report your net tuition and fees
- If you receive DEA funding, you may receive direct deposit from the VA by completing the Direct Deposit Enrollment form, or by calling 1.877.838.2778 (calling in is recommended)
- All VA forms must be sent directly to the VA. Do not send VA forms to Menlo College; to contact the VA directly, please call toll-free 888.442.4551
Any questions about registration or other services may be directed to:
Office of the Registrar
1000 El Camino Real
Atherton, CA 94027-4301