Academic Request Services

The Office of the Registrar maintains all student academic records and the links to our services are provided below. The Office of the Registrar is committed to providing all services in an expeditious manner, but during peak seasons, please refer to the individual forms for expected processing times. Each form should be downloaded, printed out, mailed, faxed, or scanned and emailed. Forms can also be completed in person at the Office of the Registrar. If you are unable to print out the form, you may provide the request in writing with all the necessary information that is required on the forms. Requests without signatures or verbal requests will not be processed.

Transcript Requests
Current students are able to print out unofficial transcripts through MyMenlo without an associated fee.  Students who are no longer enrolled have access to MyMenlo for six months after the last date of attendance.  Unofficial transcripts can be mailed, faxed, or emailed.  Official transcripts will be mailed in a sealed envelope directly to schools, organizations, to the student or they may be picked up by the student. Valid photo identification is required at the time of pickup.  If the student arranges for someone else to pick up the transcripts on his/her behalf, the student must provide the Registrar with a signed authorization on the transcript form.

Transcript requests must be made in writing with signature and all information required on the Transcript Request form. Simply emailing is not acceptable unless the Transcript Request form or hand-written letter with signature is attached. Applicable fees are also required at the time of service.  Please refer to the Transcript Request form for associated fees.  Acceptable forms of payment are check, money order, or Visa/Mastercard number and expiration date.  Payment can also be made online through the Transcript Request Payment form.  The online Transcript Request Payment is not a request in itself and a signed transcript request form is still required.  Students must clear any outstanding financial obligations with the Business Office prior to the release of any transcripts. 

Enrollment/Graduation Verification
Students often request proof of graduation (or expected graduation) or enrollment for employment, insurance, or loan deferment purposes.  Verifications are provided as a courtesy (there is no fee associated with this request) and will be written on letterhead with the official embossed college seal.  The college seal is not visible for letters that are faxed or emailed. Enrollment verifications can only be provided for dates that the student was actually registered or pre-registered.  Subsequent requests may be required for future enrollment verifications.

Transfer Course Approval
Students who intend on taking courses outside of Menlo College and receive credit at Menlo should complete the Transfer Course Approval form prior to registering for the course.  The course description, which can be obtained from the outside institution, must be attached to the form.  The Office of the Registrar will review the course for approval and notify the student of the decision through email unless indicated otherwise by the student.  To receive credit, the student must pass the course with at least C- or above and send official transcripts to Menlo College.  The transfer credit is not calculated into the Menlo College grade point average. 

Student Information/Change of Address
All students should update their permanent address/contact information with the Office of the Registrar as necessary.  Important information may be mailed directly to students, including billing statements and academic notifications.  All requests to update contact information must be done in writing by the student.

General/Information Request
For any other request not mentioned above, the General/Information Request form can be completed.  Please be specific regarding the type of information you are requesting and the “send to” address of the party who should receive the information. 

Academic Petition and Substitution Request
A student who has evidence of a special circumstance that may render a college policy or procedure inappropriate may petition for special review of his or her case.  Students may also request to substitute courses for graduation requirements.  Petitions and substitutions are reviewed by the Faculty Appeals Committee. In some cases the Academic Dean will review a decision of the Faculty Appeals Committee and this decision is final.  Students are advised to meet with their academic advisor and provide supporting documentation in addition to the form.  All Academic Petitions or Substitution Requests should be returned to the Office of the Registrar and will be forwarded to the Faculty Appeals Committee or Academic Dean as necessary. 

Course Description/Syllabus Request
Menlo College can provide most course descriptions and syllabi for courses from 1995-present.  Course descriptions are brief summaries of course content and syllabi are a more in-depth description of course content and may include assignments, textbooks used, and grading scheme.  Course information will be taken directly from the catalog that was in effect when the course was taken by the student.

Proposal for Individual Directed Research
Students who have scholarly interest in a particular area of study that is not regularly offered by Menlo College may propose an Individual Directed Research (IDR) course.  IDR courses must be approved by a Faculty Member and the Academic Dean.  IDR courses will be charged the same applicable fees as other scheduled Menlo courses.  After approval, all IDR forms must be returned to the Office of the Registrar for registration. 

Diploma Replacement 
Diplomas are only ordered three times a year (mid-July, mid-September, and mid-February.)  If you are in urgent need of graduation verification you may request a verification letter from the Office of the Registrar or order an official transcript.