Office of the Registrar

Registration is overseen by the Office of the Registrar. In addition to overseeing registration activities, the Office of the Registrar is the official steward of student records and provides services such as graduation verification or transcript requests and works closely with Academic Affairs and Academic Advising in preserving the integrity of academic policies.

Registration Information

Menlo College offers courses taught by outstanding faculty in smaller class sizes during the Fall and Spring semesters and Summer Session.  Summer Session is generally open-enrollment for non-degree-seeking Guest Students.  Guest Students cannot register online and must be registered by the Office of the Registrar after all tuition and fees are paid in full.  Students who seek to receive a degree through Menlo College must complete the regular Admission Requirements. Summer registration takes place during April (same as Fall registration), but is not available online.  Please refer to the Summer Registration Form for summer registration information and instructions.

The most current schedule information is available online through MyMenlo. To simply view course offerings you do not need to login.  All current Menlo students may register, add or drop a course by logging into MyMenlo and selecting the appropriate Fall or Spring schedule. First time Menlo students are registered by their academic advisor.

Prior to registration, freshmen and sophomores must meet with their academic advisors.  To find your appropriate registration day, please refer to the Academic Calendar. Online open registration closes on the first day of classes, after which Add/Drop slips must be completed at the Office of the Registrar. Students who are unable to register for a course online for any other reason may also complete an Add/Drop slip.  Students who have any holds on MyMenlo accounts must contact the appropriate office(s) for clearance prior to registration.

Academic Request Services

Below is a full listing of academic services:

For details about academic request services click here.

Veteran Affairs

In addition to retaining student records and providing academic support services, the Office of the Registrar also provides support for those who served in our nation’s armed forces or their dependents.  Menlo College participates in the Veteran Affairs’ Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program and provides services to students participating in other VA programs on how to utilize their education benefits at Menlo College.

FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) and Directory Information

When a student begins post-secondary education or reaches the age of 18 (whichever comes first) the student has rights to his/her education records and the privacy of these records under the protection of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, commonly known as the Buckley Amendment or the FERPA law. 

The student can exercise these rights by having some control over the disclosure of records, inspect and review his/her records, and seek to amend records believed to be incorrect by the student.  There are some types of information within student education records that can be released prior to the student’s consent known as Directory Information. This information may consist of a student’s dates of attendance, degree information and honors, or athletic information.  Some of this information is also used when publishing honors lists, commencement programs, and other institutional publications.  Students may request to withhold this information at any time. 

Students who wish to inspect/review their records, or change their preferences/approved releases may at any time visit the Office of the Registrar and make requests or changes in writing by completing the FERPA Release form.  Forms must be completed in person with valid photo identification.  More information on FERPA can be found on the website of the U.S. Department of Education and also on the FERPA Release form.

Student Tax Reporting

Purpose of the Form 1098-T

The IRS requires Menlo College to issue Form 1098-T, Tuition Payments Statement, to each student by January 31. The Form 1098-T is an information tax document to aid taxpayers (parents and students) in determining whether they are eligible to claim a tax deduction or one of the education tax credits.  For more information follow link to and enter 1098T in the search field.
Social Security Number

What if I did not receive a 1098-T form? 

  • If you have already provided your social security number to Menlo College, please contact the Business Office at (650) 543-3781 or email
  • If you have not provided your social security number to Menlo College, please complete the W-9S form below and provide it to the Office of the Registrar. 

For questions on where the 1098-T form was sent, or questions on information reported on the 1098-T, please contact the Business Office at (650) 543-3781.  Do not contact the Office of the Registrar or Office of Financial Aid.  For tax related questions, please contact a qualified tax preparer.  

For more information, see Pub. 970, Tax Benefits for Education. and search publication 970 (tax benefit for education)