Published twice a year, Advantage Magazine features events from campus, the sports field, and the diverse network of Menlo Alumni around the world. Regular features include news from the president and trustees, faculty, alumni, sports teams, and student government.
Fall 2013 (PDF)
Location, innovation, and ovation are the focus in the Fall 2013 issue of the Menlo College Advantage:
- Read about Emmett Carson, CEO and President of Silicon Valley Community Foundation, who was keynote speaker at SBA Day.
- Learn about the latest on our new internship program, and the internship experiences of some our students.
- Find out about the nitty gritty of starting a Silicon Valley business from Divya Nag ‘14 who transferred from Stanford to Menlo College.
- Read about Nate Jackson’s latest book, and how Will Lintern is bringing baseball to the UK.
- Marvel over the incredible gift that John Pritzker ‘76 gave to the Carlos López Scholarship Fund, and check out Bernard Osher’s recent visit to Menlo College where he received an update on the students who have benefited from the $1,000,000 Osher scholarship funds generously awarded to the College.
- Check out Warren Baker ‘51 endowed scholarship fund to veterans of the military.
- Look at our Homecoming Tent event photos and so much more!
- When it comes to location, alumni will appreciate Intromaps, an interactive alumni map that shows alumni who are in your proximity with the help of a giant global online map.
There’s plenty in this issue that you won’t want to miss! View the Fall 2013 issue (PDF).
Spring 2013 (PDF)
Our spring issue shines a spotlight on entrepreneurs:
- Our cover story is about Menlo’s entrepreneur-in-training, Donovan Bonner ’14, a student intern with the San Francisco 49ers. In his role as student ambassador at Commencement, Donovan, a sports management major chatted with 49er CEO Jed York. In the article, “Making Things Happen,” he tells about his experience. Jed York’s commencement speech, is a sports success story that you won’t want to miss.
- SBA Day speaker Ron Kovas recounts how he climbed the ladder in advertising to become a CEO of several major ventures. Kovas also describes his capstone entrepreneur class, Launching a Venture, designed specifically for seniors.
- Read about our recent financial literacy conference that featured national experts in the field of financial literacy and discussion about new financial awareness programs generated by Citi and community partnership.
- Menlo College entrepreneurs Taylor Kopf ‘11, owner of cognition Cyclery, and Anton van Happen ’08, owner of Eco Green Auto Clean take time out from their successful start-ups to tell us how they started their businesses.
... and more! View the Spring 2013 issue (PDF).