Published twice a year, Advantage Magazine features events from campus, the sports field, and the diverse network of Menlo Alumni around the world. Regular features include news from the president and trustees, faculty, alumni, sports teams, and student government.
Spring 2014 (PDF)
Leadership Starts Here! The online issue of the Spring 2014 Menlo College Advantage is all about honoring our faculty:
- Read about the AACSB accreditation, and the tributes to President Kelly, Dr. William Walters and Dr. Marilyn Thomas.
- Catch up on news about the professors!
- Read about the Intensive English Program accomplishments, and the great progress of the new Internship Program.
- Learn how our students are trained for leadership in the LeaderShape program. Read about the awards received by student leaders.
- Marvel over the President’s Medals presented to Tang Wee Sung ’74, John Henry Felix ’49, and Congresswoman Anna Eshoo.
- Find out how you can take a trip to Cuba with fellow alumni.
- Check out the acknowledgements given to the athletics staff.
- Admire the achievements of Kathy Imwalle and Virginia Spinelli as they prepare to retire.
- Look at the commencement photos, including one of Bernard Osher receiving an honorary degree, and be sure to read the speech by Commencement speaker John Pritzker.
- Don’t forget to pre-order your book about the 85 years of Menlo College and its times by Pamela Gullard!
There’s plenty in this issue that you won’t want to miss! View the Spring 2014 issue (PDF).
Fall 2013 (PDF)
Location, innovation, and ovation are the focus in the Fall 2013 issue of the Menlo College Advantage:
- Read about Emmett Carson, CEO and President of Silicon Valley Community Foundation, who was keynote speaker at SBA Day.
- Learn about the latest on our new internship program, and the internship experiences of some our students.
- Find out about the nitty gritty of starting a Silicon Valley business from Divya Nag ‘14 who transferred from Stanford to Menlo College.
- Read about Nate Jackson’s latest book, and how Will Lintern is bringing baseball to the UK.
- Marvel over the incredible gift that John Pritzker ‘76 gave to the Carlos López Scholarship Fund, and check out Bernard Osher’s recent visit to Menlo College where he received an update on the students who have benefited from the $1,000,000 Osher scholarship funds generously awarded to the College.
- Check out Warren Baker ‘51 endowed scholarship fund to veterans of the military.
- Look at our Homecoming Tent event photos and so much more!
- When it comes to location, alumni will appreciate Intromaps, an interactive alumni map that shows alumni who are in your proximity with the help of a giant global online map.
... and more! View the Fall 2013 issue (PDF).