85 Years | 85 Artists
The Art Committee of Menlo College announces a new exhibition in its ongoing “Outside the Box, Inside the Frame” series. The exhibition will coincide with the College’s 85th anniversary.
Participating artists will receive a randomly assigned year between 1927, the year of Menlo’s founding, and 2012. Artists are asked to respond to cultural, historical, or personal events of that year. Artworks are not intended to focus on the history of the College. We encourage you to think outside the box in your creations.
All interpretations and all media are welcome. Regional, national, and international artists are encouraged to participate. This show will be juried by members of the Menlo College Art Committee. Registration is closed.
March 17, 2014 – July 11, 2014
Opening reception: March 26, 2014, 5-7 pm
All the details
- Size: Wall-hung art only, up to 20 inches (width) x 20 inches (height) x 5 inches (depth), including frame, if applicable, ready to hang. Work without wire or adequate frames will not be included in the exhibit.
- Any medium.
- Participants must provide an artist's statement (up to 200 words) about the submitted work and how it reflects the assigned year. They must also include a list of the media used in their work, i.e. oils, acrylics, fabric, plaster, canvas, software, etc.
- Work may be hand delivered or mailed; mailed work must include return postage and insurance.
- All 85 slots have ben filled and registration is now closed.
- A non-refundable entry fee of $20, for exhibition expenses, is due upon registration.
- Entries are due by January 31, 2014.
- Artists are encouraged to submit a digital image of the original artwork by January 31, 2014, for possible promotional purposes, and inclusion in an online exhibition and/or print catalog.
- Sale of artwork will be encouraged; the artist will receive 75% of the sale, and the not-for-profit Menlo College Art Committee will receive 25%.
- Juried by the Menlo College Art Committee, the Committee reserves the right to refuse artwork.
- All art must be original, reproductions will not be accepted.
- Inquiries should be directed to email@example.com.
85 Years 85 Artists
Registration is closed
January 31, 2014
March 17 – July 11, 2014
March 26, 2014, 5-7 pm